Museum hours are subject to change. Please contact us for scheduling or visitation questions.
The Museum will be closed on the following days:
• Friday, February 1st – Monday, March 4th, 2019– Museum Maintenance
• Monday, February 18th, 2019 – Washington’s Birthday
• Friday, April 19th, 2019 – Good Friday
• Monday, May 27th, 2019 – Memorial Day
• Thursday, July 4th 2019 – Independence Day
• Monday, September 2nd, 2019 – Labor Day
• Monday, October 14th, 2019 – Columbus Day
• Monday, November 11th, 2019 – Veterans’ Day
• Thursday, November 28th, 2019 – Thanksgiving Day
• Friday, November 29th, 2019 – Thanksgiving Holiday
• Saturday, December 21st, 2019 through Wednesday, January 1, 2020 – Christmas Holiday
Children 5 and under
Gatchell Museum Association members
Active Military and immediate family
Bus Driver and Tour Guide
Pre-scheduled tour group participants receive a 10% discount off any store purchase during visit. Please let the Museum Educator know at time of scheduling whether you would like to allocate time for shopping at our museum store.
We do not have space to store backpacks, bags, etc. while visitors are in the museum.
For school tours, please read our School Chaperone and Field Trip Information guide.
We have four unisex restrooms in the museum. Two are located at the bottom of the stairs near the entrance. The other two restrooms are located in between the Natural and Native West galleries.
We have cots, wheelchairs, and first aid supplies available. Please contact any museum staff member for assistance.
We are handicap accessible with two elevators and a handicap entrance. Please let the staff know if you will need to use the elevators.
We ask that visitors be respectful of other museum visitors by using their normal conversational voices.
We do not allow photography and videography in the museum.
We do not allow food and drink in the museum. If you need to arrange for a location for your group to eat lunch, please contact a museum staff member who can provide information.
Parking is available in the museum and courthouse parking lot. There is a visitor parking lot to the north of the museum on Fort Street.