Museum hours are subject to change. Please contact us for scheduling or visitation questions.
The Museum will be closed on the following days:
• Monday, October 14, 2019 – Columbus Day
• Monday, November 11, 2019 – Veterans Day
• Thursday, November 28, 2019 – Thanksgiving Day
• Friday, November 29, 2019 – Thanksgiving Holiday
• Saturday, December 21, 2019 through Sunday, January 5, 2020 – Holiday Break
• Monday, January 20, 2020 – Martin Luther King Day
• Monday, February 17, 2020 – Washington’s Birthday
• Friday, April 10, 2020 – Good Friday (Half day, closed at 12:00 p.m.)
• Monday, October 12, 2020 – Columbus Day
• Wednesday, November 11, 2020 – Veterans Day
• Thursday, November 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving Day
• Friday, November 27, 2020 – Thanksgiving Holiday
• Saturday, December 19, 2020 through Sunday, January 3, 2021 – Holiday Break
Children 5 and under
Gatchell Museum Association members
Active Military and immediate family
Bus Driver and Tour Guide
Pre-scheduled tour group participants receive a 10% discount off any store purchase during visit. Please let the Museum Educator know at time of scheduling whether you would like to allocate time for shopping at our museum store.
We have very limited space to store backpacks, bags, etc. while visitors are in the museum.
For school tours, please read our School Chaperone and Field Trip Information guide.
We have four unisex restrooms in the museum. Two are located at the bottom of the stairs near the entrance. The other two restrooms are located in between the Natural and Native West galleries.
We have cots, wheelchairs, and first aid supplies available. Please contact any museum staff member for assistance.
We are handicap accessible with two elevators and a handicap entrance. Please let the staff know if you will need to use the elevators.
We ask that visitors be respectful of other museum visitors by using their normal conversational voices.
We do not allow photography and videography in the museum.
We do not allow food and drink in the museum. If you need to arrange for a location for your group to eat lunch, please contact a museum staff member who can provide information.
Parking is available in the museum and courthouse parking lot. There is a visitor parking lot to the north of the museum on Fort Street.