Partnership between the Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum and the T-Rex Natural History Museum in Ranchester, Wyoming.
This is a 2.5 – 3 hour long program. The first 45 minutes is a talk and discussion on dinosaurs- how they lived, what they ate, where they lived, etc. The rest of the time is filled with fun, educational dinosaur activities such as:
- Dinosaur Dig: students dig for real fossils in sand with toothbrushes and paintbrushes
- Draw dinosaurs on paper and on the whiteboard in an art activity
- Make a moveable dinosaur paper craft
- Dig chocolate chips out of a cookie with toothpicks (the chocolate chips were the fossils and the cookie the dirt)
- Measure out in feet how long some dinosaurs were in a math activity